Easter Bunny Buns

I was going through my mom's older recipes recently and came across this recipe for bunny buns. When I was younger I remember watching my mom in the kitchen, with this recipe sitting on the counter, rolling out the dough to make these bunnies. She would make up some batches and then take them to friends and neighbors. The recipe still has the grease and flour stains from all those years ago.
I decided to make the buns with my kids for a fun activity. I made up the dough and gave each kid a ball to form into bunnies.


I think my kids did pretty good with the instructions. The only thing is, this is all the buns they made. The recipe is suppose to make 2 1/2 dozen. I guess that's why my mom always rolled out the dough instead of us.

After they where done baking I let them frost and decorate the ones they made.



I think they turned out pretty cute. They may not look exactly like the picture, but that's okay. I'm hoping to make these every Easter. Then when my kids get older they can find this recipe and have it bring back memories of their childhood (but maybe next time I'll roll out the dough).


4 comments:

gluten free pammy said...

I have to make these for my gran kids!, nice blog

Elder Logan Cottle said...

Hi friend!!! I can't believe how Julia Childs you are! When are you going to get the call to join food network soon!! You are amazing. How have you been?

Stacey said...

What a great idea for kids to do! I love that idea!

Sheri said...

My kids can never see your blog. Right now they have no idea what they're missing out on. They think a home made breakfast is Eggo's fresh from the toaster.