Swiss Chicken


A few years ago I joined a food group with some of my friends. We each picked one day out of the week that we would cook for the others family. It was a lot of fun getting and eating new dishes and it was even more fun not having to cook every night of the week, but still getting a nice homemade meal. Unfortunately like all good things, they have to come to an end. Everyone started to move away and the group disbanded. This recipe is one I received from my friend Kristen. It's so simple to make and it's what I would call a Pantry Dish - a dish you can make from everyday items in your pantry.



3-4 boneless skinless chicken breast
4-5 slices swiss cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 c. milk
1 c. dry stuffing mix
1/3 c. melted butter
Salt and Pepper



Cut chicken into large chunks and place in a greased 8X8 baking dish. Salt and pepper


In a bowl mix soup and milk


Place cheese slices over chicken


Pour soup mixture over chicken

Sprinkle bread crumbs over the top



Drizzle butter over all, cover and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Remove cover and bake another 20 minutes or until stuffing is golden brown and sauce is bubbly.




2 comments:

Ziho said...

Wow, it looks easy and delicious!

Thanks

Ziho said...

I want to thank you for the recipe.

I bake it last week and my husband loved it, it was so delicious.

Thanks