Everything but the Kitchen Sink.. Chocolate Chip Cookies


I got this recipe over 10 years ago out of the newspaper. I was reading the food sections and in the corner in a small 2X3 inch box was this recipe for chocolate chip cookies. I thought it looked interesting and clipped it out. It has now become one of my families favorite cookies.





1 c. butter or margarine
1 c. packed brown sugar
1/2c. granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c. Flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 c. chocolate chips
1 c. rice krispies
1 c. flaked coconut
1 c. uncooked quick oats

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F


In mixer or large bowl, add butter , brown sugar and

granulated sugar. Beat until light and fluffy about 3 minutes.


Beat in eggs and

vanilla, scraping side occasionally. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

Beat in flour mixture until blended.

Stir in coconut

Oats

Rice Krispies

and Chocolate Chips

Drop by rounded tablespoons on a baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden and edges are crisp.


Remove from baking sheet to wire rack to cool. Although the baked cookies are really good with a nice glass of milk, I love to eat just the batter. I put just a little bit in a container in the fridge for a midnight snack. MMMMMM... the calories....

Click here for a printable version of this recipe.

3 comments:

Cafe Johnsonia said...

Hi, Ann! I was wondering if you would like to be added to a link list for Utah Food Bloggers. If you do, e-mail me at cafejohnsonia(at)yahoo(dot)com and I'll add you. Also, if you would like to join the Utah Food Bloggers group, you can let me know and I'll add you to our private (soon to be public) blog.

Thanks,
Lindsey (aka Cafe Johnsonia)

Maria said...

I am craving cookies now! Just found you on the UT blogging list! Glad I did!

Jade said...

Hi Ann!
MMMM yummy and very tasty!!!
THank you.