Fried Turkey

About 2 weeks ago we decided to try to fry our own Turkey. My parents had bought me a turkey fryer for my birthday this year and we still hadn't used it. So Saturday night we put our turkey in a brining solution of brown sugar and salt and let it marinate for the next 24 hours.


Jim's all set to risk his life frying up a turkey. I do like the pink oven mitts.



I was a little nervous at this point, but apparently not nervous enough to actually keep the little fire extinguisher you can see in the back ground next to me. I guess I figured I would jump through the flames if there was a fire and retrieve it.




A few gallons of boiling hot oil right next to us. Are we sure this is a good idea.



There it goes, there's no turning back now.



Jim spent the next 45 minutes keeping the oil at the right temperature




It's done and time to come out of the fryer



Oh man, have you ever seen anything so beautiful in your life and the taste is unbelievable. It's so juicy and moist. I don't think I can ever go back to just a plain old turkey cooked in the oven again, I have been converted.

No comments: