Crock Pot Chicken Tacos

I don't know if it's the fact that I spent part of my childhood in California or if it's just because it tastes so darn good, but Mexican food and Tex-Mex is my favorite. I could eat it everyday. My favorite midnight snack is chips and salsa or chips and a bowl of refried beans with cheese and salsa. Jim doesn't like beans, so he says it looks like I'm eating a big bowl baby poo, but I don't care.
I LOVE IT!!

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can Chicken broth
1/2c. onions
1 tsp. garlic
2 tsp. Mexican spice mix
1 Tbsp. tomato paste

Mexican spice mix:
1/4c. paprika
2 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 Tbsp. salt
2 tsp. white pepper
2 Tbsp. black pepper
2 Tbsp. granulated garlic
2 Tbsp. chili powder
2 Tbsp. oregano


In a crock pot add your chicken and chicken broth.


Saute your onions and garlic


Add your onions and garlic to the chicken


Add your spice mix and tomato paste. Stir. Cover and cook on low for 3 hrs

Remove chicken and shred.
Place shredded chicken back into the crock pot and cook for another 45minutes
While chicken is simmering, make your taco shells.



Doesn't it look tasty



Fill your taco shells with chicken and any other topping you like. I put pretty much everything on mine, especially a good guacamole.

And this is what you end up with, an empty plate. I do have to admit, I licked the plate clean after I took this picture and then, I had three more tacos.

4 comments:

DK Family said...

Okay, so I made these last night & they were a hit!!! Love them! Thanks a bunch! aly

Camille Cottle said...

Holy crap can I eat over tonight? I would be 400 pounds if I lived with you! That looks fabulous!!! Hey let's get together after Christmas and do dinner and a movie! Have a wonderful Christmas.

shweetpotato said...

YUMMMM omgosh I need to try these :D

Jodi said...

These look so delicious! I usually buy taco shells too, but I'll have to try making them on my own someday!