Super Simple Spaghetti Sauce



I got this spaghetti sauce from Paula Deen (I love her). This is the sauce she uses for her baked spaghetti recipe (which is great), but I use this recipe for just regular spaghetti and anything else I need a sauce for.



1 1/2 pd hamburger
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 (15oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (15oz) can tomato sauce
1/2 c. water
1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley
1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 1/2 tsp Paula Deen's House Seasoning (in earlier post)
1 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
2 tsp brown sugar
2 small bay leaves



In a large saucepan, cook hamburger, bell pepper, onion, and garlic, over medium heat, stirring until meat crumbles and is browned and vegetables are tender. Drainpuree 2 (15oz) cans of tomatoes.
Add pureed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce.
Add the remainder of ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove and discard bay leaves.

I don't think it can get anymore simple then that.

3 comments:

Southern Plate said...

You know, nothing gets my mouth watering than thoughts of having spaghetti for dinner. I swear, it is the perfect food (maybe after pizza...)
This looks great, I have got to quit surfing my food blogs tonight, I'm getting so hungry...

Mommy's Kitchen said...

I love anything Paula Deen. That sauce looks awesome. I browsed over her site last week and saw the baked spaghetti recipe and i was really wanting to make it. You have me ready to go now that i saw the sauce. Have a great weekend.

Lori Lynn said...

I get a big kick out of Paula Deen, too!

Your photo looks so perfect! I like the white and red.