Sunday Morning Quiche



Quiche is probably one of the most versatile dishes you can make. You can add any type of vegetable, meat and a variety of cheeses. You could even spice it up a bit with seasonings. This is really a dish you can make your own. Today I added spinach because I had it in the freezer and a used three different types of cheese . You can do anything you want, you can even leave off the crust if you have someone who is celiac like my mother in-law.



1 (10oz)pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
6 eggs
3 cups shredded cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
9 inch pie shell


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F


In the microwave or on the stove top cook spinach and then drain excess water.
In a large bowl whisk 6 eggs.

To eggs add onion powder, salt and pepper, whisk together.
Grate 3 cups of cheese. I used muenster, sharp Cheddar and Colby jack.
Add cheese to your eggs and mix in.

Mix in spinach

Lightly grease a 9 inch pie plate or I used these cute little individual pie pans. You can also use muffin tins.

Press pastry into pie pans. I left the pastry off some, so my mother in-law could eat it.
fill pie pans 3/4 with egg mixture.
Cook at 350 degrees F for 30minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving. With the mini pie pans I cooked them for about 20 to 25 minutes.

4 comments:

Southern Plate said...

You have two awards waiting for you at this address!

http://www.southernplate.com/2008/07/latest-notes.html
Be sure to scroll down to get them both!
~Grins~

Lori Lynn said...

Hi Julie Ann - Looks delicious! I am the biggest quiche fan, I think it is one dish I have blogged the most about. I like your individual pans.

floridagirlinsydney said...

Just wondering if you think you could make the mini quiches without the crusts? I once had crustless quiches and they were amazing.

Julia Ann said...

You can make this quiche without the crust. I do it for my mother in-law who has celiac.