Joe's Chocolate No Bake Cookies



My brother has been asking me to put this cookie recipes on my blog for a couple months now. He has been in Brazil for a year now and wants to have some good old fashioned American cookies. This recipes is his favorite. In fact my kids call these "Joe's Cookies". These are the perfect quick and easy cookies to make on a hot day when you need something chocolate and don't want to heat up your house. I usually don't even give them time to cool before I start eating them.




2 c. granulated sugar
3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 c. butter
1/2c. milk
1/2 tsp salt
3 c. quick cooking oats
1/2c. peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract




In a medium sized sauce pan over medium high heat add butter.
Sugar

Cocoa powder
Milk and salt.
Stir until butter is melted and ingredients are incorporated.
Bring to a boil, and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.

Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until completely melted
Add quick oats and vanilla, mix well
Now working quickly before it cools to much drop by tablespoon full onto wax paper.
My 6 year old loves to help with this part, I thinks it because she likes to eat any stray pieces that don't make it to the wax paper.

4 comments:

Mommy's Kitchen said...

Julia I love the chocolate no bake cookies. They are my sons absolute favorite. I was just thinking the other day i need to make him a batch. The only problem is the recipe i got from a friend hasnt turned out the last two times. The cookies did not set up and i ended up with a sticky mess to eat out of the pot. LOL.

I think i will give your recipe a whirl later this week. The Texas heat is a whopping 104 and later this week we will top 106 so no baking. This will be a nice treat. I will let you know how it all turns out. I have little helpers as well you daughter looks like quite the cook.

Sophie said...

We would like to feature this recipe on our blog. Please email sophiekiblogger@gmail.com if interested. Thanks :)

You can view our blog here:
http://blog.keyingredient.com/

Mommy's Kitchen said...

I made these and they turned out PERFECT. My previous post said i could not get them to set up with my recipe, but yours worked fine. Thanks I love these cookies but i just could not find a recipe that worked for me. YEAH I will be posting them on my blog and giving you credit for the recipe of course.

Tina

Al Malekovic said...

Hi Julie Ann: Got you web site from Southern Plate. Just review Country Bobs All Purpose Sauce for us and was wondering if you would like to. If so please email me your name and address to al@countrybobs.com Thanks! Al Malekovic www.countrybobs.com