Oven Pancakes

This recipe has many different names; German pancakes, Danish pancakes, puff pancakes, Aeggekage and I'm sure there are other names for them too. Although their names are different the recipe is basically the same with only slight differences. This is the recipe I like to use for my family. It's great served with warm syrup, but you can also sprinkle with powdered sugar or use sweetened berries and whip cream. It's really your preference.



4 eggs
1 c. milk
1 Tbsp sugar or more if you like them sweet
1 tsp salt
1 c. flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 c. butter

Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.


Whisk together eggs, milk, sugar and salt until smooth.
In a separate bowl mix together flour and cinnamon.

Whisk in flour mixture until incorporated, then set aside and let stand for 30 minutes. In a large pie plate or a 8X8 baking dish add butter and place into the preheated oven until it melts.
Pour batter into hot baking dish and bake for 15minutes or until puffy and golden brown. Now if you are anything like me you have not waited the 30minutes for the batter to rest.
And this is what you have, a beautiful puff. Serve warm.

7 comments:

JennDZ - The Leftover Queen said...

Wow that looks WAY better than any pancake I have ever seen! I am certainly going to try this one!

Thanks! :)

Welcome to The Foodie Blogroll!

Summer said...

such as easy recipe and i am sure it tastes so good!
i love your family photos...beautiful kids!
have a great weekend.

francesca said...

I didn't know this recipe the pancake looks gorgeous, I need to try thanks for sharing

Lyvvie said...

I love this recipe! I used to have this every morning when I slept over at my friend's house as a kid - her mom was awesome! Then as an adult I'd get "The Big Apple" at Bickford's restaurant which was this with cinnamon apple on it. Drool drool drool. I'll have to make this one day, but I have a child with egg allergies - so I'm wondering if there's an egg free version? Probably not; she'll just have pancakes.

floridagirlinsydney said...

I love those things! I'm adding you to my recipedia blog roster!

Sophie said...

I'm Sophie, Key Ingredient's Chief Blogger. We would like to feature this recipe on our blog. Please email sophiekiblogger@gmail.com if interested. Thanks :)

Sophie

Stephanie said...

Okay, I think I'm making this tonight for dinner (there's nothing wrong with pancakes for dinner, right?). That is such a beautiful puff of pancake!