Ann's World Famous Buffalo Wings



Okay so maybe they aren't world famous, just locally famous, but they could be someday. This is my most requested recipe, and the people I give it to, get requests for it, so you see someday it will make its way around the world. I have even gone and demonstrated to crowds (even if they where small) how to make these. I came up with this recipe a few years ago when I liked the concept of the boneless buffalo wings at one local restaurant (I really don’t like chicken bones and skin) and the sauce at another restaurant. It took me almost a year to get it just right. So if you have some friends coming over for a fun get together, make these and you will be surprised how quickly they disappear.



Sauce:

2 1/4c firmly packed brown sugar
3 Tbsp light corn syrup
1/3c. + 2Tbsp Franks Red Hot sauce
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/3c. water


Chicken:
4c. self rising flour
1 1/2tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
3c. milk
4 chicken breasts
4-6c. vegetable oil

Blue cheese or Ranch Dressing for dipping.


Pre-heat your oil to 375 degrees F. I like to use a skillet for this, but you can use anything you like.In a medium sauce pan add brown sugar and corn syrupNext add hot sauce, vinegar and water

Stir until smooth and simmer over med to low heat for 10-15 minutes. DO NOT let it boil or you will have candy, this has happened to people so be careful.



While the sauce is simmering mix together flour(only self-rising,very very important), salt, pepper and paprika. Honestly I never really measure how much I put in of each I just do what looks good.
Cube your chicken into bite size pieces.
Add chicken to your milk. And here is where it starts gets gooey.


Add the chicken to the flour and coat completely
Return the chicken back to the milk.
Then return the chicken back to the flour and coat completely.

Your chicken should look something like this, and so will your hands.
Drop into your hot oil and cook for 6 minutes. You may need to turn them if your oil is shallow.
When done cooking put them onto some paper towels to drain.

Place cooked chicken into a tupperwear bowl and toss with the sauce. Serve with dressing.

4 comments:

floridagirlinsydney said...

I'm living in Australia for a few years-- my husband would LOVE this-- if you couldn't use Franks' hot sauce-- could you substitute? Tabasco? Should I look for a buffalo wing sauce? Would love to know. thanks!

Julia Ann said...

You can use any type of red cayenne pepper sauce, Franks just happens to be my favorite. I’m not sure what you can find in Australia, but a few good substitutes would be Texas Pete’s, Crystal Hot Sauce or Trappey’s Red Cayenne Pepper Sauce (No Tabasco). The first 4 ingredients in Frank’s are: distilled vinegar, aged cayenne red peppers, water and salt. If you can find something close to that, I’m sure it should taste fine.

Stephanie said...

Oh, that looks good! I like the buffalo wing flavor, but not the buffalo wing bones. So this would be a great recipe for me to try sometime!

Mommy's Kitchen said...

Those look great. My husbans loves buffalo wings I am going to have to make your recipe for him. I added your blog to my must see blogs list at my site. Great Job.