Moist Apple Cake

The first time I made this recipe, my husband told me that apple cake wasn't really his thing. Then he ate 3 large pieces and told me "I love this cake it's apple crisp I really don't like". This recipe is a great way to get rid of any old apples or if you want to feel like you might be eating something healthy.

2 eggs
1 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. applesauce (no sugar added)
2 c. sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
4 med - large apples (grated)
Topping
1/3 c. packed br sugar
1/8 c. flour
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp butter (softened)

Peel and core 4 apples
grate apples ( you can chop the apples, but I think it gives you a more even texture, if the apples are grated)

In a mixing bowl mix oil and eggs until creamy. Add the applesauce and mix well.
Mix in sugar and vanilla and beat well. In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda.
Slowly add dry ingredients to egg mixture and mix until combined. Fold in the apples with a spoon.
Pour batter in to a greased and flour 9X13 baking dish.
Mix together br sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter until resembles coarse cornmeal
Sprinkle topping over batter and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 - 55 minutes
Let cake cool on a wire rack and serve with whipped cream.
My cake didn't get a chance to cool before my husband cut into it. I literally took it out of the oven, left the kitchen for just a few minutes and came back to this. The cake eaten by the man who said he didn't like apple cake.