Grandma's Hamburger Gravy





This is one of my favorite recipes that my Grandma use to make. Every time I went to Grandmas when I was young, she would make this for me. I remember getting up in the morning, and Grandma would be at the stove making sure we had hamburger gravy and cornbread for breakfast. So this recipe is in here for all my family who has those fond memories of Grandma. Grandma, I hope I got this right...


1lb ground beef
2 tsp house seasoning (Paula Deen's recipe)
1/4 c. flour
1 can evaporated milk
4 c. milk
salt and pepper to taste

In a large pot cook ground beef and seasoning until no longer pink. Drain grease.


Stir in flour until completely incorporated.
Stir in evaporated milk and regular milk
Cook until thickened. Salt and Pepper to taste. Serve over cornbread or biscuits



No comments: